Today we are going to learn the basics of how to draw and create an animation using Flash.
Here are the topics we will cover:
- Introduction to Flash and the Flash Interface
- Creating Symbols
- Introduction to Animation
- Creating a Motion Tween in Flash
- First the Long Way, with explanations
- Then the shortcut, once you know what you’re doing
- Then Motion Presets, once you’ve got the basics down
To support what we are learning we will use the information and tutorials in these links:
Introduction to Flash
We will go over:
* The Flash Interface http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Flash_CS4_desktop_tutorial
- Creating Symbols and Drawing in Flash: http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Flash_drawing_tutorial
- Layers: http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Flash_layers_tutorial
The above tutorials are for Flash CS4 but still applicable. We will not follow theme exactly.
Introduction to Animation
Here we will look at how animation works in general (and in movies and cartoons). Then we will move on to look at animation in Flash
Creating a Motion Tween in Flash
Prof Stein’s Tutorial (the long way)
After that we will see some shortcuts and other things you can do.